Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Illusion

Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness.
Lead me to the place I never left,
Where there is peace, and peace
- The Upanishads

*note* a poem from Ella Wheeler Wilcox...to ponder about.
-added by danny-
............................................................

Illusion

God and I in space alone and nobody else in view.
"And where are the people o Lord", I said,
"the earth below, and the sky o'erhead
and the dead whom once I knew?"

"That was a dream," God smiled and said -
"A dream that seemed to be true.
There were no people, living or dead,
There was no earth, and no sky o'erhead:
There was only myself - in you."

"Why do I feel no fear," I asked,
"meeting you here in this way?
For I have sinned I know full well?
And is there heaven, and is there hell,
and is this the judgement day?"

"Say, those were but dreams," the great God said,
"dreams that have ceased to be.
There are no such things as fear or sin,
there is no you - you never have been -
there is nothing at all but me."


by -
Ella Wheeler Wilcox