Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Ten Steps to End Stress

Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness.
Lead me to the place I never left,
Where there is peace, and peace
- The Upanishads

*note* some quotes from the american mystic,Vernon Howard
-added by danny-
...................
Ten Steps to End Stress
1. Calm command can replace agitation as surely as sunshine can replace a storm.
2. Examining the doubts we have about our present way is a highly intelligent act.
3. Most people merely rearrange their problems, but with self-insight you can end them.
4. Feel the need for something different, then let it grow by having affection for it.
5. You are not required to listen to anyone who demands, “What are you doing about my problems?”
6. Starting now, never again permit hard or disapproving facial expressions to intimidate you.
7. Reflect often on the interesting idea of getting out of your own way.
8. A quiet mind knows the answer, which means we must cease to fight anxiously for the answer.
9. One day you will look calmly at a fear and say to it, “You have shaken me for the last time.”
10. The one supreme power that will guarantee personal happiness is personal right thinking.


Eternal Life


Why do you anxiously yearn for eternal life?
It is because it represents
another kind of existence
which you think is superior to
your present troubled life.
You want something different,
which you call everlasting life.
If you will simply be happy
in your present life,
which can be done,
you will never again
anxiously yearn for eternal life,
you will have it.
Your present spiritual health and intelligence is eternal life.


Vernon Howard