Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Monday, October 12, 2009

The secret of old age

Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness.
Lead me to the place I never left,
Where there is peace, and peace
- The Upanishads

*note* This is the marvelous secret of old age,from Nasrudin
-added by danny-
..........................
Mulla Nasrudin finally reached the age of 105. A newspaper
reporter from town came out to take his picture and write a story about him.
The reporter was talking to a neighbour about the old man and asked him,
"How do you figure your friend was able to live so long?"
"I GUESS," said the neighbour, "IT WAS BECAUSE HE
NEVER DID ANYTHING ELSE."