Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Farting Master of Disaster:)

Lead me from dreaming to waking. Lead me from opacity to clarity. Lead me from the complicated to the simple. Lead me from the obscure to the obvious. Lead me from intention to attention. Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am. Lead me from confrontation to wide openness. Lead me to the place I never left, Where there is peace, and peace - The Upanishads
*note* lovely post I found from a true Sufi..his name is Dave,from http://caravanofdreams.wordpress.com/
Kisses to him:)
Despite the many tales we have told of Love
Still we have not taken even the first step.
Oh Love! You transcend all description
Such in brief, is the only way to describe You.
Only You, O Love, Know Yourself:
Such a mystery lies behind our exegesis
Through You, God manifests  His Divinity!
What miracle could ever surpass this?
Silence!
Shrouding Love’s Name
Excels by far
Any words of Praise
-Nurbakhsh (from http://caravanofdreams.wordpress.com/2010/12/21/silence-and-the-sufi-conception-of-love/

-added by danny-
...............
-Funny Sufi Story about Miracles, Flatulence and deeper meanings beyond the obvious!-
There was a great teacher in Turkey, said to have great wisdom. He only had five devoted disciples. For many years, his disciples asked him why, with all his great wisdom, he did not have thousands of students. He didn’t answer. And so time went on until one day the Teacher and his disciples where walking in the grand bazaar in Istanbul amongst the usual large crowd of other shoppers. As they were in the open area, a pigeon fell from the sky and landed dead at the teachers feet. He picked it up and said a little prayer, and the pigeon came back to life.

This miracle was witnessed by many people in the crowd and very quickly, this teacher had thousands of people coming to his talks. He became quite famous as the man who can bring a pigeon back to life. One day he was giving a talk to a large crowd, and expelled a very loud fart. The people were so shocked that such a great man could do such a rude thing, that soon enough he was left again with only his original five. The six men sat together and the master explained to the confused disciples as to why the many people came and then left. He said; “Those who come for the life of a pigeon, will leave for a fart.”

This story made me laugh, but it also made me reflect on the how quite often people’s perception of spirituality or truth is very rarely in accord with what is really happening. We have an idea of what outwardly a spiritual person should be. For some , it is an old man, for some it is someone who is gentle and talks of love – or what they imagine it to be, for others it is a stern father figure etc. But ultimately what signifies someone as spiritual outwardly is not a good indication.


Fools gold exists because there is the real thing. What is real humility? What is real ‘peace’? Peace is so much more than the absence of violence, or stillness. Often on the way the real sincere teachers have met had the greatest most magnanimous sense of humor I have witnessed. One of them told me, if one feels angry about a joke, comment or something said about one’s self, then one is still under the sway of the ego no matter the intention of the comment.
This has always made me ask who is this ‘self who is being made fun of and lampooned? I remember often the story of Shibli that I have reprinted here where Shibli tells his friends


Shibli entered a profound mystical state and was placed in an
asylum as a madman. As soon as they heard, his shocked disciples
come to visit him.
Shibli asked, “Who are you?”
“We are some of those who love and follow you.”
Shibli began throwing stones at his students. They began to
run away, crying, “It’s true. Shibli really has gone crazy.”
Then Shibli called out to them, “Didn’t I hear you say that
you loved me? You could not even bear a stone or two before
running away. What became of that sincere love you claimed
you had for me? Did your love fly away with a couple of stones?
If you had really loved me, you would have patiently endured
the little bit of discomfort I caused you.”
The great Sufi mystic Kabir has said that the litmus test of whether someone is true Master or not is to hold them over a cliff for a few hours and if they dont wet their pants you may have found a real master. I had blog a few days ago about the types of responses I get when i talk and share things I have come to know on the path. One of the type of responses I get is that I get a challenge. I get the ” What about so and so thing, how do you reconcile this with your philosophy with your ‘Sufism‘.


I generally feel that at this point our conversation isn’t about sharing any more, it is about proving and disproving finding a flaw in what I am saying, winning and losing. It would be a grave error on my part to reduce the path and my experiences of it to ideology battles as one who tastes really knows. I have found that I am not a fan of the battle rapping of ideologies like this is 8 mile.


What do you want to Say?
-Dave-

ps...I had nothing to say,other then adding the marvelous story from Vernon Howard
The Mountain of Truth(from Vernon Howard)
A king once ruled over a nation of unhappy people. Wanting to help his subjects, the king asked a wise man, “Is there a way to relieve my people of their sorrows?”
“Yes, there is,” replied the wise man. “As you know, just outside of town there is a height known as the Mountain of Truth. Ask everyone to leave their troubles at the base of the mountain. That is all they need do.”
The King issued a joyous proclamation. Everyone was invited to bring his problems to the Mountain of Truth at once. Every kind of difficulty could be left there, including Sorrow, Conflict, Fear, Tension, Worry and Hostility.
At the end of twenty-four hours, the king was stunned. Out of his thousands of subjects, only ten had left their miseries at the mountain.
“This is incredible,” he told the wise man. “I don’t understand. Everyone assured me he wanted to get rid of unhappiness.”
The wise man nodded. “I knew this would happen, but also knew you would never believe me until you saw for yourself. You see, most people secretly love their suffering. Conflict and hostility provide excitement, a false feeling of life. Our first task is to show them the difference between artificial life and true life.”
Demis Roussos - Summer Wine ..quote"
Artemios (Demis) Ventouris Roussos (Greek: Ντέμης Ρούσος, born June 15, 1946) is a Greek singer.
He was born in Egypt to ethnic Greek parents George and Olga. "

Strawberries cherries and an angel's kiss in spring
My summer wine is really made from all these things

I walked in town on silver spurs that jingled to
A song that I had only sang to just a few
She saw my silver spurs and said lets pass some time
And I will give to you summer wine
Ohh-oh-oh summer wine
Strawberries cherries and an angel's kiss in spring
My summer wine is really made from all these things
Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time
And I will give to you summer wine
Ohhh-oh summer wine

My eyes grew heavy and my lips they could not speak
I tried to get up but I couldn't find my feet
She reassured me with an unfamiliar line
And then she gave to me more summer wine
Ohh-oh-oh summer wine

Strawberries cherries and an angel's kiss in spring
My summer wine is really made from all these things
Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time
And I will give to you summer wine
Mmm-mm summer wine
When I woke up the sun was shining in my eyes
My silver spurs were gone my head felt twice its size
She took my silver spurs a dollar and a dime
And left me cravin' for more summer wine
Ohh-oh-oh summer wine
Strawberries cherries and an angel's kiss in spring
My summer wine is really made from all these things
Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time
And I will give to you summer wine
Mmm-mm summer wine..
To nourish the vital energy, keep watch in silence;
In order to subdue the mind, act with non-action.
Of movement and stillness, be aware of their origin;
There is no work to do, much less someone to seek.
The true and constant must respond to phenomena;
Responding to phenomena, you must be unconfused.
When unconfused, the nature will stabilize by itself;
When the nature stabilizes, energy returns by itself.
When energy returns, the elixir crystallizes by itself;
Within the pot, the trigrams of heaven and earth are joined.
Yīn and yáng arise, alternating over and over again;
Every transformation comes like a clap of thunder.
White clouds form and come to assemble at the peak;
The sweet nectar sprinkles down Mount Sumeru.
Swallow for yourself this wine of immortality;
You wander so freely—who is able to know you?
Sit and listen to the tune played without strings;
Clearly understand the mechanism of creation.
It comes entirely from these twenty lines;
A true ladder going straight to Heaven.-Daoist text -
To us all towns are one, all men our kin. Life's good comes not from others' gift, nor ill. Man's pains and pains' relief are from within. Thus have we seen in visions of the wise !." - Tamil Poem-