Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Change your thinking and you change your world

Make Your Dreams Come True: SuperWisdom
How Dreams May Be Made to Come True

To grow in happiness we must distinguish between what we can do and what we must not try to do. We must see that we are not responsible for the cosmic life-movement in itself, but we are responsible for making our lives move in harmony with it. It is similar to an airplane. We need not create the scientific laws governing flight; they exist already. If there are faults in the airplane, making it unable to harmonize with the principles of flight, it is our duty to repair it. Likewise with life. Our task is to correct the faulty mechanism within, which makes psychic flight natural and pleasant.

By working on yourself correctly, your dreams come true. But these fulfilled dreams are not those envisaged by your own surface character, but by your essence. Your essence hints at what could be true, then asks if you are willing to shed illusions in order to attain them. By replying in the affirmative, your dreams come true.

How a Businessman Won Success

The ideas you have just read are wonderfully practical. They work for you in the way you want things to work. Herbert M. came to tell me about the success he had won since applying them to his daily life.

He said, “I was skeptical when you said that my only problem was the misuse of my mind. As you recall, I told you about my business life, which set me squarely between my employers and the public. I got blame and criticism from both sides, which made me nervous and irritable. You told me to try to see that the criticisms were striking against my false sense of self, which always gets nervous and upset when under attack.

“Well, Herbert continued, “I see what you mean. If there is no false self to feel the attacks, they pass almost unnoticed. So I am putting an end to my ego-self. I understand that no harm is external; I can only harm myself with wrong reactions. I am really surprised by all this – how could I have been so asleep? But thanks.”

How Grief Can Vanish in a Flash

The following exchange of thoughts with an audience took place at one of my lectures:

Q. If the truth seeks to make itself heard, why don’t we hear it?

A. Because it responds only to sincere human requests. To phrase it differently, if you want to hear the music from your record player, you must first shut off your vacuum cleaner.

Q. I wish I could grasp one particular point you make. You say we are free from something only when we cease to think about it. Yet, we must think things out.

A. If your shoes are too tight, you are forced to think about your cramped feet. In perceiving the discomfort, you know something is wrong, causing intelligent action which makes correction. Once correction is made, you need no longer think about it. You think about pain, but have no need to think about happiness.

Q. All the classic teachings agree upon the need for self-surrender, but to whom or what do I surrender?

A. To your true nature within.

The Importance of the Cosmic Command, “Be Still”

Have you ever quietly observed a conversation between two of your friends? You know what I mean. One of them tries to tell of an adventure, but the other repeatedly interrupts with exclamations or breaks in with a similar experience of his own. Unfortunately, that is how most people listen – or fail to listen – to the greatest adventure story of the ages. Instead of quiet receptivity to the cosmic story, the mind and mouth nervously pop up with self-reference or rejections.

Our own silence tells us the marvelous story. The whole of esotericism is contained in the biblical advice: “Be still.”

There is a happy way of life which is not manufactured by the mind’s desires or imaginations. It is above inventions. We can have it, but we need not demand it. If we could only see, it would be there, just as the sun is there without demand.

Change your thinking and you change your world.

You could be sitting all alone in your room, in anguish, regretful over the past, anxious in the present, and worried about the future, having nothing, hopeful for nothing – and if you would snap the hypnosis of your mind, all grief would vanish in a flash.