Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Friday, November 07, 2008

Stand firm in that which you are

Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness.
Lead me to the place I never left,
Where there is peace, and peace
- The Upanishads

*note* beautiful poems from Kabir...from The Kabir Book : Forty-Four of the Ecstatic Poems of Kabir
by Robert Bly (Editor)

-added by danny-
............................................
    Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.
    My shoulder is against yours.
    you will not find me in the stupas, not in Indian shrine
  • rooms, nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals:
    not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding
  • around your own neck, nor in eating nothing but
  • vegetables.
    When you really look for me, you will see me
  • instantly --
    you will find me in the tiniest house of time.
    Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God?
    He is the breath inside the breath.

    ..............................................................

    to Kabir Main Page
    to Indra's Prose, Poetry & Haiku


I said to the wanting-creature inside me:
What is this river you want to cross?
There are no travelers on the river-road, and no road.
Do you see anyone moving about on that bank, or

nesting?
There is no river at all, and no boat, and no boatman.
There is no tow rope either, and no one to pull it.
There is no ground, no sky, no time, no bank, no
ford!

And there is no body, and no mind!
Do you believe there is some place that will make the

soul less thirsty?
In that great absence you will find nothing.

Be strong then, and enter into your own body;
there you have a sold place for your feet.
Think about it carefully!
Don't go off somewhere else!

Kabir says this: just throw away all thoughts of

imaginary things,
and stand firm in that which you are.
.................................................................................................

There's a moon in my body, but I can't see it!
A moon and a sun.
A drum never touched by hands, beating, and I can't hear it!

As long as a human being worries about when he will die,

and what he has that is his,
all of his works are zero.
When affection for the I-creature and what it owns is dead,
then the work of the Teacher is over.

The purpose of labor is to learn;
when you know it, the labor is over.
The apple blossom exists to create fruit; when that

comes, the petal falls.

The musk is inside the deer, but the deer does not

look for it:
it wander around looking for grass.
.......................................................................

Friend, hope for the Guest while you are alive.
Jump into experience while you are alive!
Think...and think... while you are alive.

If you don't break your ropes while you're alive,
do you think
ghosts will do it after?

The idea that the soul will join with the ecstatic
just because the body is rotten --
that is all fantasy.
What is found now is found then.
If you find nothing now,
you will simply end up with an apartment in the City

of Death.
If you make love with the divine now, in the next life
you will have the face of satisfied desire.

So plunge into the truth, find out who the Teacher is,

Believe in the Great Sound!

Kabir says this: When the Guest is being searched for,

it is the intensity of the longing for the Guest that
does all the work.
Look at me, and you will see a slave of that intensity.
................................................................................