Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Friday, September 25, 2009

The Friend

Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness.
Lead me to the place I never left,
Where there is peace, and peace
- The Upanishads

*note* beautiful poem from Lalla http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lalleshwari ..Lalleshwari (लल्लेश्वरी) (1320 – 1392) also known as Lalla or Lal Ded [1][2] was a Hindu saint-poetess and a mystic of the Kashmiri Shaivite sect.
-added by danny-
.........................

from Lalla: Naked Song, translated by Coleman Barks

-Searching for The Friend -

I
wearied myself searching for The Friend

with efforts beyond my strength.


I came to the door and saw how
powerfully the locks were bolted.


And the longing in me became that strong,
and then I saw that I was gazing
from within the presence.


With that waiting, and in giving up all trying,
only then did Lalla flow out
from where I knelt.


- Lalla