Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Curly explains the secret of life

Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness.
Lead me to the place I never left,
Where there is peace, and peace
- The Upanishads

*note* marvelous secret of life..from the 1991 movie City Slickers...find THAT one thing,and you'll be happy forever..quotes"Curly was the tough old cowboy character played by the late Jack Palance. Would you believe Jack Palance got the Oscar for this very scene ?.. check it out here,at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGxL5AFzzMY&feature=related

Here’s the scene
from the movie where Curly espouses his life philosophy to Mitch, Billy Crystal’s character:
Curly: Do you know what the secret of life is?
Curly: This. [holds up one finger]
Mitch: Your finger?
Curly: One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and the rest don’t mean shit.
Mitch: But what is the “one thing?”
Curly: [smiles] That’s what you have to find out."..the quotes were taken from http://www.rebelzen.com/2008/07/ego-and-the-inner-story/ site.
-added by danny-
.................................
(the 30 sec version)
(the 3 min version,lovely..one of a kind these actors)