Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I ain't had no lovin' since April, January, June, or July..

Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness. Lead me to the place I never left, Where there is peace, and peace - The Upanishads
*note* lovely song from Ruth Etting quote" Shine On, Harvest Moon
(from Ziegfeld Follies of 1931)
Words and music by Nora Bayes and Jack Norworth
Ruth Etting, vocal. Recorded July 28, 1931, in New York. Originally issued on Perfect 12737.

This song was first introduced by Nora Bayes and songwriter-husband, Jack Norworth in the Ziegfeld Follies of 1908. Ruth Etting's performance of the song in the Ziegfield Follies of 1931 was a tribute to Nora Bayes. The 1931 production of the Follies was the last to be produced under the direction Florenz Ziegfeld, Jr.; he died shortly thereafter in 1932. It's interesting to note that Nora Bayes recorded this song for Victor in 1910 but it was never released.

"Oh, shine on, shine on,
harvest moon up in the sky,
I ain't had no lovin'
since April, January, June, or July.
Snow time ain't no time
to stay outdoors and spoon,
So shine on, shine on, harvest moon,
For me and my gal."

FULL HARVEST MOON
Traditionally, this designation goes to the full moon that occurs closest to the Autumnal (fall) Equinox. The Harvest Moon usually comes in September, but this year (2009) it will fall on Sunday, 4 October. At the peak of the harvest, farmers can work into the night by the light of this moon. Usually the full Moon rises an average of 50 minutes later each night, but for the few nights around the Harvest Moon, the moon seems to rise at nearly the same time each night: just 25 to 30 minutes later across the U.S., and only 10 to 20 minutes later for much of Canada and Europe. Corn, pumpkins, squash, beans, and wild rice — the chief Indian staples — are now ready for gathering."
So I composed this never heard stanza,and added the magnificent Laurel & Hardy "Shine On Harvest Moon" interpretation (1939)in a classic musical number from "The Flying Deuces".
Behold
The harvest moon
Was always in your heart
Ready for harvesting
But unless you can dance
All you'll have will be
The mighty finger muscle
Pointing to the moon out there
When all the time the moon was in yourself
Ready to shine,and harvest you.
Thus spokenth the mahayogi!
kisses to grasshoppers:)
-added by danny-
.........

Laurel & Hardy "Shine On Harvest Moon" (1939)in a classic musical number from "The Flying Deuces"...hehehe..I love it.

and the ridiculously funny Laurel and Hardy Dance To The Archies "Sugar Sugar" Movie from Way Out West(the sugar sugar was added,was not in the movie..hehehe..lovely dancing)


"To us all towns are one, all men our kin. Life's good comes not from others' gift, nor ill. Man's pains and pains' relief are from within. Thus have we seen in visions of the wise !." - Tamil Poem-