Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The bored Kripto arahat..Do I know you?.. I am you:)

Lead me from dreaming to waking. Lead me from opacity to clarity. Lead me from the complicated to the simple. Lead me from the obscure to the obvious. Lead me from intention to attention. Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am. Lead me from confrontation to wide openness. Lead me to the place I never left, Where there is peace, and peace - The Upanishads
*note* one more lovely story from my friend .Eric Mitchell(Sukha)..Vairochana Buddha and the Bored Arhat...?..lovely title indeed..quite insightful..please use the wisdom muscles to digest it..quote "
“Well, this interesting. The universe is behind me and it seems to have transformed into a curved space, which I am on the edge of. I can see the curved space and just a little bit on the other side of it. On the other side is just a white light that I am encountering.”
“Keep going.”
“OK. When I cross over, my universal body which goes throughout the universe is lost. I must leave it behind. The universe becomes a ball surrounded by light on all sides. I am the light and the ball of the  universe slips into the distance, becoming a small space before me. This is amazing. In the center of this universe appears a bright star and somehow I know that is me, but I am undifferentiated light totally outside of that universe.”
“Do you know me?”
“Do I know you? …...I am you.”
".kiss to him:)
ps..Vairochana Buddha is quote"Vairocana (also Vairochana or Mahāvairocana) is a celestial Buddha who is often (e.g. in the Flower Garland Sutra) interpreted as the Bliss Body of the historical Gautama Buddha; he can also be referred to as the dharmakaya Buddha and the great solar Buddha. In Sino-Japanese Buddhism, Vairocana is also seen as the embodiment of the Buddhist concept of shunyata or emptiness. In the conception of the Five Wisdom Buddhas of Vajrayana Buddhism, Vairocana is at the center. His consort in Tibetan Buddhism is White Tara (for every dhyani Buddha there is an affiliated female Buddha in the Tibetan Tradition).
pss..about arahat please check this link nice explaining from the Wanderling ..quote"The Arahat is the "Perfected One" who has overcome The Three Poisons of Desire, Hatred and Ignorance. At the end of the present life, he is no longer reborn. In other words, he is finally freed from the suffering of existence in the cycle of birth and death, and attains Nirvana.

When a person realizes that there is no lasting happiness and freedom whenever he may be reborn within the cycle of birth and death, he will strive to attain the goal of Nirvana. The way of the Arhat is the path leading to this goal.. "
-added by danny-
...........
Vairochana Buddha and the Bored Arhat

The Arhat entered into the fourth Dhyana, leaving all pain and pleasure behind, leaving the knowledge of self and the world behind. He withdrew from the container of consciousness. He withdrew from the earth. He withdrew from the sun. He withdrew from this Buddha world, the galaxy, and saw infinite Buddha worlds in every direction. He traversed through those infinite Buddha worlds thinking to find the end.

The galaxies sped past him at incredible speeds making him dizzy, and after a time the realization occurred, “There is no end to these Buddha worlds. I have seen one Buddha world. I have seen one sun and one planet and all the living beings there, and it is everywhere the same. I am not trapped by any physical realm. The mechanism which causes transmigration can not touch me here, and I can go anywhere and do anything, but why bother? I have seen these infinite Buddha worlds before, and now I am bored with this. Although I have freedom from all existence, this has again become useless. I am still trapped within this universe. There is nothing I want to do here. I need some help.”
At this moment Vairochana Buddha whispered to the Arhat, “Vairochana.” The Arhat was stunned by this and joyous that help might arrive. “It is good you are bored with this universe and the endless Buddha worlds. Some Arhats rejoice in this power and assume they should exercise their power to save all living beings. They think they have arrived at Nirvana, and in delusion they begin interfering. Do you know why they do that?”

“I am not sure.”

“If a man were to work hard, save his money diligently, and purchase a new home for his family, would not that man be overwhelmed the first day living in that house?”
“Yes, I think such a man would be joyous at such a fulfillment, at such success.”
“And what would he begin doing with all his possessions? What would he do with his new home?
“Such a man would take over the house, and make it completely his. He would begin by cleaning. He would kill any bugs and spiders there. Remove all the dirt and clean everything. Then he would take possession of every room, move his belongings into each room, and arrange everything the way he wanted it.”

“Yes. Just so when new Arhats have come to the universal home, they are overjoyed with their success and fulfillment. Such new Arhats think this is their new universal home, and try to take over this universal home. First they want to clean it. They want to kill all the bugs and spiders they see. Krishna was such a new great Arhat and he wanted to clean his new universal home of all the bugs and spiders who were there, so he killed the asuras mercilessly.

Having such success he became 10,000 Krishna bodies, and took control of the earth with his power. In every room he moved his belongings and arranged everything to his satisfaction. Such is the desire of the new Arhat, when he enters into his new universal home for the first time. What would happen to that Arhat if entered into that same home every day for 100 years, every life for 1,000 lives?”

“I think that Arhat would slowly feel bored with that experience. He had killed all the bugs and spiders for so long that almost none came there. He had arranged everything the way he wanted it long ago and there were no new changes to make. He would be able to see the results of his work and decide if it was good. Personally, I feel that the Arhat would find that his work was done, and that his work was not that meaningful in the end. You arrange the furniture 1000 times in different ways and it is the same furniture, and it becomes repetitious. Then it all seems meaningless to keep shuffling and reshuffling, to what end does he do that?”


“Yes, exactly. Everything has been done again and again and now it is not only boring, but also seen as a waste of time and an interference. What was it all for? Finally this Arhat grows tired of interfering and gives up. He sees his mistake and stops. Then he is stuck. He has caused himself to penetrate the world so many times with so many bodies to fix things the way he wants, and now he is shocked by the insight of his failure. He regrets his interference. When you first came into this new universal home, what did you do?”

“I was slow to understand at first. I did not understand the extent of the new home. It took me some time to get the lights on and see where I was. I began to search all around and was amazed by what I saw, but when I saw the home one time, I said to myself, “Maybe this is extremely profound, but it I am bored with this place. It has no meaning for me.”
“You did not have the desire to take over this new home that you were given?”
“No. I never had that thought.”

“Why?”
“I am not sure. It never occurred to me to interfere. I was not so excited or impressed. It was not new to me. If I understand your analogy, I must have seen this universal home 1000 times, and I am already tired of it.”
“Yes my son. In this body you saw it for the first time, but you have seen it more than 1000 times, and you already know it is not your home. You have lived there before, but now you have no desire to live there again. You immediately knew it had no meaning.”


“This is strange to hear. I am a little confused. How could a person see this more than 1000 times? If the mechanism of reincarnation is broken, there is not supposed to be a way to get another life. Isn't that true?”

“Yes, if the mechanism for reincarnation is broken, then returning to a human life is not possible. But when an Arhat sees this new universal home, he is like the man who has his first new home. He decides to clean it up, take possession of it, and arrange everything to his liking. All along the way beings take a small state and think it is the ultimate state, so he comes again and again. When you came to this place, you said I don't want it. Why?”
“I know this is not my home.”

“How? When you were born, you knew this life was worthless, and couldn't decide whether you wanted to live or die, and that indecision kept you alive. When you were six years old, you had a small injury to your toe, and you said to yourself, “Oh, so this is how it is. You injure your body forever until you die.” You had a dream of your future, and quit your quest for money to search for the meaning of life. How could these these truths come to you?”


“I see what you mean. Something knew these things, and then my mind reflected what that something knew. They were not something I learned. They were not recorded in my brain, but my brain received the information. Is this what you mean?”
“Yes, exactly. Now if an Arhat sees the new universal home for the first time and instantly knows it is not his home and finds it boring, what is that something, which knows that?”
“That is a difficult question.”

“If we had dinner together, and I took you home, and we entered the door, and you looked around, and said, “This is not my home. We have made a mistake. I live somewhere else.” What does this mean? You were born into a body, and you immediately knew this was not your home. You had an injury, and you knew about life and death. Then you saw the quest for money was not your life and sought the truth about life. Now you see your universal home, and you are bored, and immediately know this is not your home. Who knows these things?”


“OK, maybe I understand. This life I knew things not in my brain. I struggled with meditation and truth. I still do. I have some accomplishment, and I immediately think, “How boring”, then who I am beyond this one body and life is already beyond this universal body, or home. Are you saying that who I discovered I am, is again not me. This universe is not me? And I live somewhere else, or I am already someone else?”

“Yes, you are someone else, and your home is somewhere else. Do you understand? I am using very common words to describe something else. The words themselves are like an analogy, and they only indicate what I am saying.”
“And this is why I am bored with all this?”


“Yes.”


“What you are saying is something totally amazing, and you lead me to striking conclusions, but I am also stuck is this home that is not mine. Can you show me how to find out who I am, and where my home is?”
“OK. I am going to indicate a place in space and you try to go there... can you see where I am indicating?”

“Yes, I will try to go there. Oh, this is strange. When I go through space, I miss your point, and I know I miss it. It is like there is no way to go there. Then I go back to reach it, and although the universe is in every direction, I have to move in a different direction to reach the point you are indicating, but I do reach it!”
“Excellent. Now keep going in that direction, and tell me what is happening.”

“Well, this interesting. The universe is behind me and it seems to have transformed into a curved space, which I am on the edge of. I can see the curved space and just a little bit on the other side of it. On the other side is just a white light that I am encountering.”
“Keep going.”

“OK. When I cross over, my universal body which goes throughout the universe is lost. I must leave it behind. The universe becomes a ball surrounded by light on all sides. I am the light and the ball of the universe slips into the distance, becoming a small space before me. This is amazing. In the center of this universe appears a bright star and somehow I know that is me, but I am undifferentiated light totally outside of that universe.”


“Do you know me?”


“Do I know you? …...I am you.”

To us all towns are one, all men our kin. Life's good comes not from others' gift, nor ill. Man's pains and pains' relief are from within. Thus have we seen in visions of the wise !. - Tamil Poem-