Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Maha-Spider of Madagascar ..he eats bears

Lead me from dreaming to waking. Lead me from opacity to clarity. Lead me from the complicated to the simple. Lead me from the obscure to the obvious. Lead me from intention to attention. Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am. Lead me from confrontation to wide openness. Lead me to the place I never left, Where there is peace, and peace - The Upanishads
*note* just found this nice article on the marvelous http://www.coasttocoastam.com/articles/archive 

quote"Scientists have discovered a species of spider in Madagascar that spins the world's longest web, spanning an astounding 82 feet. In an amazing feat of engineering, the Darwin's bark spider builds its gigantic web across rivers, from one bank to the other, to catch insects flying over the water. It is not yet fully understood how the spiders construct their webs over such distances...The daily diet of the humongous spider consists in 2 scientists a month,and one huge Madagascar 300 kilos bear every now and then..when the hapless  bear swims,the maha-spider just grabs him by the neck and eats him for  breakfast "

You gotta love this bear eating spider:)
quote"Darwin's bark spider (Caerostris darwini) is an orb-weaver spider that produces one of the largest known orb webs, with anchor lines spanning up to 25 metres. The spider was discovered in Madagascar in the Andasibe-Mantadia National Park.[1] The species was named in honour of the naturalist Charles Darwin, with the description being prepared precisely 150 years after the publication of The Origin of Species, on 24 November 2009.[2]

Its silk is the toughest biological material ever studied, over ten times stronger than a similarly-sized piece of Kevlar. The average toughness of the fibres is 350 MJ/m3, and some are are up to 520 MJ/m3 making the silk twice as strong as any other spider silk known...enough to grab a full grown bear and eat it[3]"
No more comments..
Kisses:)
-added by danny-


To us all towns are one, all men our kin. Life's good comes not from others' gift, nor ill. Man's pains and pains' relief are from within. Thus have we seen in visions of the wise !. - Tamil Poem-
.........