Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 03, 2009

The River and the Rain(seductionsalvation.blogspot.com aka Swami Shyamananda)

Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness.
Lead me to the place I never left,
Where there is peace, and peace
- The Upanishads

*note*..hehehee..I like this guy..kisses for his post...he is a tantrik Master,using pranayama and witnessing..it don't matter,he got it right somehow.I feel like puking about those methods,by the way..since sahaja yoga is my background,and sahaja means,,natural,,.it can't be practiced alone,you need a group or a yogi for ,,transmission,, to happen.(in the beginning..after that..up to you)
I repeat..YOU can meditate for thousands of years..and no results.
DO NOT undermine the power of Transmission,,.,,please...remember I was meditating from the age of 14..and meditated budhist style hours daily?..7 years?..then I got transmission and knew.
DO NOT ever think whatever you do is the best.
-added by danny-
ps..he closed his blog..but my kripto locker is here..kiss and love:) ..thanks seductionsalvation.blogspot.com aka Swami Shyamananda for not allowing people to read your wisdom..lol..WELL THEY CAN READ IT HERE..because I say so..ok?..good swami!

The River and the Rain

I have numerous followers from the west, and a large number of them were raised in the Christian tradition. They are often quick to denounce their religion in an effort to impress me.

This is what I tell them.

"You do not have to forsake your heritage in order to embrace my teachings. Jesus, Buddha, Krishna - they are the same."

They look confused. A young theologian from Nebraska, USA, began to quote liberally from the Bible in order to prove his point - that Christianity is far removed from the traditions of the east.

"Listen young man," I interrupted him. "A careful reading of the Bible should tell you that there is no significant difference between the two religions. If a philosophy has to stand the test of time, just as the teaching of Christ has, it has to reflect the Universal Truth."

"Forgive me, Swamiji, " he said. " I do not see any similarity between anything in the Bible and the Geeta."

"Let me explain," I gestured for him to sit. "Let us take the allegory of the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve, for example. The story is interpreted too literally by most people. The incident is a profound parable that explains the nature of man."

"How is that?" he asked, in a somewhat belligerent manner, still standing. A few of my other devotees had clustered around now, eager to listen in on the discussion.

"Sit down, Ralph," I said. "Here is the real meaning of the parable of the garden of eden. Forget everything you learned at seminary school and pay attention. Do you accept that God is all knowing?"
"He is omniscient, yes," Ralph replied. He was fond of using big words to prove that he had been a student of theology.
I continued. "Then it stands to reason that he created the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil with a purpose. He intended for Eve and Adam to eat the fruit. But there are two questions to be asked. First, what was his purpose, and second, why did he not command them directly to eat the fruit, instead of waiting for the serpent to tempt Eve?"

Ralph shook his head. "I don't know."

"Then listen carefully." The disciples leaned closer to hear my answer. "Human beings were banished from the garden of eden because they attained the knowledge of good and evil. Have you ever wondered why the knowledge of good and evil would have caused God to banish them from paradise? After all, it would seem to be a good thing - to know the difference between what is good and what is not. "
I paused to see if any of them would answer. But they were silent and expectant.

"Here it is then - the story illustrates the importance of being non-judgemental. If your mind can stop judging, if you can stop categorizing things into good and bad, then eternal paradise and peace is yours.
That is what the story means. That the key to paradise is to never judge - it is to live in the moment and to accept everything just as it is."

"But why did he not allow them to remain in a state of ignorance? Being ignorant is the same as being non-judgemental, is it not? You haven't explained why God would have
wanted the serpent to tempt Adam and Eve."

"Those are astute questions, Ralph," I said. "He could have let Adam and Eve stay in paradise in ignorance, but what good is that? The serpent was essential because it offered humans an insight into divinity. Morality, ethics and consicence - this is the stuff of God. This parallels the Eastern belief that within all of us is a God waiting to be discovered. Do you see the similarities now? God wanted humanity to gain the knowledge of good and evil so they could attain divinity. But that comes with a price - having gained that knowledge, they would forever lose paradise and peace and happiness, unless they could act in keeping with the knowledge of good and evil, while remaining non-judgemental about everything else."

Ralph and my devotees looked confused.

"It is not easy to convey this profound message in a concrete manner and this is why the story was presented as a parable. But let me summarize. The key to regaining paradise - peace and happiness in your life - is to live in accordance with your conscience, and yet stay non-judgemental. When you can achieve this, you will achieve everlasting peace, and your spirit will attain immortality as you discover the God that resides within you."

Ralph looked stunned, as did several of my Christian devotees. All this time they had seen the religion of their childhood as the antithesis to the eastern philosophy that they had embraced. Now, it apeared, they were aware of the profound nature of their own religion.

"So, you see," I concluded. " The East and the West. They are like the River and the Rain. It would seem that the rain replenishes the river, but who is to say that it is not the other way around?"

And with that I stood up to head back to my room. It was time for me to meditate, for later I was to fly out to Mumbai. It was the weekend, and it was my intention to visit a few clubs and bars in that crowded and alive metropolis that has the best nightlife in the world.

I would awaken the chakras in my nether regions tonight.

Seduction, as I have told you O seeker, is part of salvation. To turn your back on the energy in your loins is to turn your back on the spirit that sustains this universe.

"Samarth," I called out to the young man who pilots the Cessna Skylane that I use. "We are going to Mumbai."