Love-me!

Love-me!

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Play is the only work possible for the enlightened mind.

Lead me from dreaming to waking.
Lead me from opacity to clarity.
Lead me from the complicated to the simple.
Lead me from the obscure to the obvious.
Lead me from intention to attention.
Lead me from what I'm told I am to what I see I am.
Lead me from confrontation to wide openness.
Lead me to the place I never left,
Where there is peace, and peace
- The Upanishads

*note* What is interesting about this essay from Professor Richard Hayes( you can read his essays at http://www.unm.edu/~rhayes/download.html)are his final words quote"On a personal note, I honestly believe that thinking about Nagarjuna's texts
once saved my life.
Not an act of cessation/Not an arising/Not an interruption/Not a perpetuation/Not one thing/Not many things/Not a going forth/Not an arrival

I don't wish to go into details, because doing so would
require my saying things about the actions of identifiable people who are
still living. Suffice it to say that in 1971 I had just been dealt a very
difficult dose of dukkha that nearly overwhelmed me. All I could do was to
wander around for about two weeks just reciting this verse and thinking about
every phrase and reflecting on what the implications were. For days on end, I
just walked around chanting that verse.

Not an act of cessation/Not an arising/Not an interruption/Not a perpetuation/Not one thing/Not many things/Not a going forth/Not an arrival

Finally, one day I stood looking at my
reflection in a river, and it hit me very hard that all the pain I was feeling
was just a result of my taking myself too seriously, and that I had just spent
a whole year writing a thesis on Nagarjuna, whose message was "Don't take
yourself too seriously. And don't take me seriously either.
"

Not an act of cessation/Not an arising/Not an interruption/Not a perpetuation/Not one thing/Not many things/Not a going forth/Not an arrival

Somehow I
realized that I am no more real than the shimmering reflection in the water,
but also no less real. Within an instant, all the pain just vanished into
nowhere. It was just gone. Or perhaps it had never been there at all. I don't
know which. I see no point in thinking about it. But Nagarjuna has been my
favorite Buddhist playmate ever since.
"
!!!! Play is the only work possible for the
enlightened mind.

Not an act of cessation/Not an arising/Not an interruption/Not a perpetuation/Not one thing/Not many things/Not a going forth/Not an arrival....thus spokenth Nagarjuna(these are the 8 negations whom saved the life of the professor ..the thus spokenth was added by danny,since My Kundalini is fully opened,so I have the authority(powers) to say it.Of course you can challenge my powers,and say they are evil.
But of course,they are the powers of divine.
Unless you dissapear in light,and your body/mind dissolves,you are just like that cat from ,,The marvelous broken foot part 6)


Observe the snake on his back,that means full kundalini arising...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagarjuna
-added by danny-Not an act of cessation/Not an arising/Not an interruption/Not a perpetuation/Not one thing/Not many things/Not a going forth/Not an arrival
.....................................



Professor Richard Hayes

On Nagarjuna's Eight Negations(Not an act of cessation/Not an arising/Not an interruption/Not a perpetuation/Not one thing/Not many things/Not a going forth/Not an arrival)


I am not sure how much clarification I can give, but I can perhaps offer a few reflections on the famous opening verse of the MMK(Muula-madhyamaka-kaarikaa). Then perhaps I will tell you a personal story about what these verses mean to me. As far as I can recall, the first verse goes like this:

Not an act of cessation/Not an arising/Not an interruption/Not a perpetuation/Not one thing/Not many things/Not a going forth/Not an arrival

Play is the only work possible for the
enlightened mind.

Not an act of cessation/Not an arising/Not an interruption/Not a perpetuation/Not one thing/Not many things/Not a going forth/Not an arrival....thus spokenth Nagarjuna!!!(added by danny)